(July 23, 2013) --- It’s that time of year again when the Central Florida Packer Backers will gather together for the club’s 17th annual “Packer Picnic” set for Sunday, August 11th, 2013 starting at noon. Same great place for the picnic, and we will have a keg of FREE beer! Location of the picnic is VFW post 2093 at 4444 Edgewater Drive in Orland, 32804 (just north of Fairbanks Ave). Put it in your GPS 'cause it’s a Great Packer Spot!
- The covered pavilion is huge, has a big screen TV, a tiki bar and more fans than you'll find at a Jags game!
- It’s on Lake Fairview, so bring your boat or jet ski... and there’s a dock and a beach for swimming.
- Lots of waterfront space for your tents and the events.
- There’s a fully equipped outdoor kitchen.
- Lots of parking, very little walking/stumbling.
- Big time sound system for dose polkas…ana one, ana two…
- Lots of activities for the kiddies, bring your swimmin’ suits!
- And… a full liquor bar inside with mixed drinks and shots for purchase for you seasoned Packer fans. After the picnic, we will retire to the air conditioned bar for some more fun into the evening!
|Check out this nice picture of the Johnsonvilles at a previous Packer Picnic. Oh, and the happy Packer people holding the Johnsonvilles... that would be Pat and Warren.|
Water, sodas, and beer are free while they last, which will be a really long time considering how much there’s gonna be. After that the drinks are cheap (it is a VFW post doan-cha-know) BUT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BRING ALCOHOL TO THE PICNIC, AS THEY DON'T WANT TO LOSE THEIR LIQUOR LICENSE. Leave the beer coolers at home... if not, you will be asked to leave.
As usual, we’ll have plenty of free food, including Johnsonville brats, Chris’ wonderful German potato salad and corn-on-the-cob! All we ask is that each member bring a quality dish to share... and we ain't talkin' about a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model either! Just like always, we’re very fortunate to have Joe Mama's pros cater the event. With events like the “Bear Punting Competition,” the “Titletown Toiletseat Toss,” and, of course, the coveted “Beer & Brat Speed Eating Contest" you would have to be a Bears fan to not have a good time.
How can you help?
Got an extension cord? There’s a bunch of outlets for us to take advantage of. Got a fan? Bring ‘em if you got ‘em. Even though there are ceiling fans a few more can’t hurt. That’s why it’s always cool at Lambeau… there’s a fan in every seat! If you have one of those industrial fans like they have at Home Depot, all the better. Most of youse guys are picnic veterans so you know what to do.
If you can help with any events, setup, or anything else please let us know.
So get off your dupa and join the groupa! As always, no pets or FIBs. Don’t forget to renew your membership! Sign up forms available at the picnic or you can print one here.
* You can drink $20 worth of free beer before the season even starts!