(March 21, 2013) --- “Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers are all about. They don’t do it for individual glory. They do it because they love one another. Now get off your dupa and join the groupa!” Vince Lombardi
The 2013 MS Walk Orlando is Almost Here!
When: Sunday April 7, 2013
Where: Baldwin Park (new location this year) 4990 New Broad Street Orlando, FL 32801
Time: 8:00am to 12:00noon (usually done by 11:00am)... check-in begins at 8:00am... kick-off is 9:00am
Routes: Short Route = 0.5 mile and Long Route = 3 miles
(If you appreciate all of the work that we put into the Central Florida Packer Backers club (a year’s worth of fun for $20), please consider supporting the one annual charitable event that we like to support as a group.
The Packer Backer who raises the most money for MS will win an awesome super-cool Green Bay Packers prize!
Click here for the link to their donation form! (Helpful hint: Consider asking your Facebook friends to support you in The Walk by donating.)
|Help cure Multiple Sclerosis like Vince Lombardi eradicated Bearitis in Wisconsin during the Sixties. "We get a heel here, and a heel here, and we walk for the cause... up the alley!"|
Please take a moment to show support and/or to help give back in one of the following five ways:
1. Go online (click here) and join our team, Packer Backers vs. MS! (There's no fee, but you can donate here if you would like.)
2. If not online, then come on down and register at the Walk! (Again, no fee, but please consider donating.) Make sure to wear Packers stuff!
3. Even if you do not want to walk, you can still join us at Lake Baldwin, and consider donating. They typically have free snacks, multiple options for free drinks (coffee, tea, water, juices) and there is a tendency for some restaurants to show up giving away plenty of free food as well.
4. AND, if you can’t make it downtown for the Walk, come to the after-walk get-together party at The Hideaway Bar. The bar owner, Chip, was unfortunately born a Dolphins fan, but he admits that he loves the Packers. Come on down for lunch and enjoy drink specials (just for people wearing Packers gear). Don’t drink all of your money away… be sure to save a couple bucks to donate to MS.
5. AND, if you are can’t make it out at all that day, you can always mail in an MS check into our club’s P.O. Box. (Address: Central Florida Packer Backers; P.O. Box 3027; Winter Park, FL; 32790-3027.)
If you are considering joining us for The Walk, please send us an email ("CFPackerBackers@gmail.com") with a head count for yourself and/or your group.
Thanks… and GO PACK GO!
Thanks… and GO PACK GO!
Packer Mike #110 & Packer Brian #777