Every year Central Florida Packer Backer members set aside a few hours on a Saturday morning in March to walk against MS. And this year, some lucky walker will win a free Aaron Rodgers jersey!
Multiple Sclerosis, known by many simply as MS, is a chronic and often disabling disease that attacks a person's central nervous system. The symptoms, severity, and path that the illness takes vary from person to person and may be difficult to predict. Today's research, however, is showing promise in bringing an easier life to the approximately 400,000 Americans with MS.
So we're hoping you'll be able to set aside a few hours on a Saturday morning to help raise some money and awareness in the battle against MS... and get a little exercise and fresh air at the same time!
Here are the some of the details:
- WHEN: Saturday March 10th, 2012
- TIME: 8am to 11am (Check-in begins at 8am, kick-of at 9am)
- WHERE: Lake Eola @ Thornton Park (just east of downtown Orlando) at the corner of N. Eola Drive and Robinson Avenue in Orlando.
- ROUTES: Short Route = 1 mile, Long Route = 2.34 miles
And remember that the Packer Backer who raises the most money for MS will win an awesome super-cool Aaron Rodgers jersey! (Helpful hint: consider asking your Facebook friends to support you in the Walk by donating)
|"Hey!!! We're walking here!"|
- Go online and join our team: Packer Backers vs MS. (There's no fee, but you can donate here, if you would like.)
- If not online, then come on down and register at the Walk! (There's no fee, but please consider donating.) And be sure to wear Packers stuff so everyone knows you're part of a winning team!
- Even if you do not want to walk, you can still join us at Lake Eola. They typically have free snacks, multiple options for free drinks: coffee, tea, water, juices... and there is a tendency for some restaurants to show up giving away plenty of free food.
- If you can’t make it downtown for the Walk, come to the after-walk get-together at the Hideaway Bar. The bar owner, Chip (unfortunately born a Dolphins fan but he admits that he loves the Packers) will be setting up a party for all of us. Come on down for lunch, watch the Packers win Superbowl XLV on some of the TVs, and enjoy drink specials (just for people wearing Packers gear). Specials include $1 Miller Lite drafts, $2 Miller Lite bottle and $7 Miller Lite pitchers. Don’t drink all of your money away… save a couple bucks to donate to MS!
- AND… if you are can’t make it out at all that day, you can always mail in a check into our club’s P.O. Box. (Central Florida Packer Backers; P.O. Box 3027; Winter Park, FL; 32790-3027)
Packer Mike (#110) & Packer Brian (#777)
PS... if you haven't done so already, be sure to join us on Facebook!